Non Dim Relay Panels.

AxlD1234

Hey Guys. So we're looking for a solution for next season.

We have Bubble Machines and Carpet Fans that we use for a show. Last year we used Light O Rama packs, but we kept blowing fuses in them.

We need it to be DMX controllable.
We need to make:
2 10 Channel
1 6 channel
2 4 channel

Each circuit needs to be able to handle 15a at 120v

Any ideas for parts that we can use would be appreciated.

Hey Guys. So we're looking for a solution for next season.

We have Bubble Machines and Carpet Fans that we use for a show. Last year we used Light O Rama packs, but we kept blowing fuses in them.

We need it to be DMX controllable.
We need to make:
2 10 Channel
1 6 channel
2 4 channel

Each circuit needs to be able to handle 15a at 120v

Any ideas for parts that we can use would be appreciated.
@AxlD1234 Google Johnson Systems in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, NOT to be confused with Johnson Controls. You may also like ETC or Lyntech.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Fleenor makes a 6 channel unit. Multiples of those would do the job. Somewhere in the $750 range.

ETC makes the ColorSource relay. Not the least expensive solution for you but it's wireless DMX so some savings there.

The ETC ColorSource Relay also comes in a wired only option that I think is cheaper than the wireless version.

Also look at the ETC Architectural products. The ECHO room controller and other products may fit your needs?

If you going the make your own route I would use a DMX controlled low power relay, like something from Blue Point Engineering, to drive the coil on a cheap ice cube relay. This way you can get your current capacity without having to pay a fortune for the DMX control part. Just remember to build in overcurrent protection as well.

If you going the make your own route I would use a DMX controlled low power relay, like something from Blue Point Engineering, to drive the coil on a cheap ice cube relay. This way you can get your current capacity without having to pay a fortune for the DMX control part. Just remember to build in overcurrent protection as well.
  • @porkchop @AxlD1234 @JonD If you're rolling your own, use sockets and retaining clips to mount your "ice cube relays", as folks have taken to calling them, that way they're quick and convenient to replace if you start having arcing / pitting / burning problems. Simple spark suppression networks are worth including in parallel with your relay's load contacts if / when you're building your own.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Looking for 20 or so channels you might find it better to go with a central power distro rack.
Sensor Portable (12 or 24ch @20A) https://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Power-Controls/Racks-and-Panels/Sensor3/Portable---Touring.aspx
or
Lyntec RPCM (up to 42 @20A) http://lyntec.com/rpcm-controllable-mobile-power-distro-rack/

Not the cheapest things but rock solid and multipurpose!
That thought occured to me but i think each of those items with a group of nondims is not necessarily in the same venue.

We are looking for something to build because it will save money. We have some of them built for our theater already, but we were curious if there was a better way to do it then how it was built.

The fixtures are in the same venue, but they are in different locations in the venue and the install of wiring would be to expensive to do it that way.

We are looking for something to build because it will save money. We have some of them built for our theater already, but we were curious if there was a better way to do it then how it was built.

The fixtures are in the same venue, but they are in different locations in the venue and the install of wiring would be to expensive to do it that way.
What Porkchop said then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back