Non Flammable Flashpot/ lightning strike smoke effect

Try looking into a confetti canon. Can be loaded with FR confetti and streamers as well. I would avoid putting any powder in it as that can be flammable. Relatively cheap and effective.

You can get "smoke-in-a-can" which is basically an aerosol can like spray paint, except for fog/haze. Then you would just need a way to Release it in the correct places on stage

I know that there is usually a hole in the floor SOMEWHERE on deck, stick a fogger with a tube to the underside (assuming you have a pit or other under access) and pump it through!

Back in the olden days, I used a #25 flashbulb mounted in a automotive light bulb socket (I think) and set it off with a battery and pushbutton switch. Makes a much longer flash than a strobe. I painted it with Elmers Glue and sprinkled some .... "fill in the blank" powder on the top. Gave off a nice wisp of smoke with the flash. Easily prepared in advance. Flashbulbs still available on Ebay. Hopefully they have not been outlawed and there is a safer way to use the same technique now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back