Northlight DMX?

microstar

Over the last couple of weeks I've tried to contact Northlight DMX with no results.
The website has been down for weeks, phone not working, and no response to email.
Hope James has not gone out of business; would be a great loss.
Has anyone been able to make contact recently?

I am worried about James. I have not had any contact with him in several years but when I reached out to him , everything is blank.

I have also been trying to get in touch with James. Hope he is okay. I am needing to order some more product as spares for a system I just recently installed. I spoke with James a few months ago and he said he had plenty of stuff in stock, would love the opportunity to buy what's left if he's in fact going out of business.

I have also been trying to get in touch with James. Hope he is okay. I am needing to order some more product as spares for a system I just recently installed. I spoke with James a few months ago and he said he had plenty of stuff in stock, would love the opportunity to buy what's left if he's in fact going out of business.
Out of curiosity which product are you looking for?

How sad. I am really sorry to hear this news. He was a great guy and although I never met him in person, I had a productive relationship with him for over a decade. He did custom boards for Disney and special packaging with very reasonable pricing and on-time delivery. His knowledge and creative engineering skills were amazing. My heart goes out to his family. If anyone has contact information, please share it if possible.

Hard to believe. I corresponded with James many times over the years. He was always quick to reply and he created many useful products at extremely reasonable prices.
He certainly will be missed.

hello all. my name is wes. ive stumbled upon some forums via james of northlight dmx. i'm great friends with the niece and nephew of 'james' aka alan (allen, allan?) cart. sadly early october we were informed he had passed.

i am an audio guy / studio producer in phoenix with a general love and knowledge for diy electronics. i never got to meet james and wish i did but the niece and mother informed me that james was very into light automation and doing lighting for concerts in the 80s. thats all i knew as of a month ago.

i went to check out his estate today to help mom and family discuss his workshops and what i could do to help with selling the estate. im no dmx guy but my understanding for diy electronics has led me to be totally blown away by his legacy of diy circuits and community.

james did not have any kids so the estate has been somewhat passed down to his brother and sisters; children and/or mothers estate.

i feel like theres not a better scenario to have this legacy of diy electronics than to fall in my lap. i'm totally beginner electronics mostly audio related (having a ton of vintage 80s music gear / synthesizers), but my best friend is very electrically inclined building diy circuits (tr-909 clone, analog synthesizers etc) but i have a feeling what he's leaving behind is way too important. i would love to help in some way.

i had a 15 minute walk through of his estate and along with all his electrical analysis stuff is 100s of blank pcbs, some completed, some not, etc, hundreds of mouser orders. i would hate for this to be swept under the rug and just left donated or untouched. i understand the importance.

is there anybody out there good friends with james? i want to help any and all sides to find some peace and completion with this within the community.

you may reach out to me at paulwestcontact @ gmail . com

im not looking for somebody to buy this out to resell. can we help keep this alive in some way?

Update on Northlight DMX....
I found that the NorthlightDMX website appeared to be back up and running in early November, so I placed an order and paid via PayPal. I should have called or emailed first but did not.
I did not get any confirmation or response for the order.
Also contacted a previous poster, [email protected], who had a connection with the family of James Cart, the deceased owner; also no response. So I filed a dispute Nov. 28 and got my money back today.
It is unfortunate the business has not been revived.

Update on Northlight DMX....
I found that the NorthlightDMX website appeared to be back up and running in early November, so I placed an order and paid via PayPal. I should have called or emailed first but did not.
I did not get any confirmation or response for the order.
Also contacted a previous poster, [email protected], who had a connection with the family of James Cart, the deceased owner; also no response. So I filed a dispute Nov. 28 and got my money back today.
It is unfortunate the business has not been revived.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like the number listed on the site is still the old on and it not in service. I sent an email, well see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back