Not a collapse! Imagine engineering this one

NateTheRiddler

Static. Forces. STATIC. FORCES. S T A T I C F O R C E S. *looks at grade in Static Forces class* Dangit.

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
That popped up on my Facebook today. So many people had so much to say about it not realizing that is how it was designed.

The work involved in that had to crazy.

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
That popped up on my Facebook today. So many people had so much to say about it not realizing that is how it was designed.

The work involved in that had to crazy.
I bet the cube was not as hard as it looks to figure out. It looks like its at a solid 45. Figuring out the anchor point would be the hard part.

tjrobb

In thinking about it, a few backstays might be enough for the gravity load, as the whole thing is roughly on a pivot. Add a few side ballast points for wind, check for truss crushing, recheck the load, done.

Reactions: RonHebbard

RonHebbard

Premium Member
In thinking about it, a few backstays might be enough for the gravity load, as the whole thing is roughly on a pivot. Add a few side ballast points for wind, check for truss crushing, recheck the load, done.
@tjrobb Sounds easy when I read it fast, would you mind signing a few pages prior to standing under it on a windy day?
@egilson1 or @What Rigger? care to comment? PLEASE!!!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Reactions: macsound

egilson1

Premium Member
That’s a LOT of surface area for wind load. A little more complicated that a few guy wires.

@BillConnerFASTC i think you are right about the white bags being ballast. I’ll do some digging and see if I can find out who did the engineering for it.

What Rigger?

I'm so fly....I Neverland.
@tjrobb Sounds easy when I read it fast, would you mind signing a few pages prior to standing under it on a windy day?
@egilson1 or @What Rigger? care to comment? PLEASE!!!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Man, I need to have a couple people smarter than me (like the ones who designed this stage) have a look at this. I have many questions.
But it's RAD!

JohnD

Fight Leukemia
I wonder about what problems the LD had in programming movers on that assemblage. Consider all the corrections for pan and tilt.

MNicolai

Fight Leukemia
I wonder about what problems the LD had in programming movers on that assemblage. Consider all the corrections for pan and tilt.
Honestly doesn't look like any. Looks like the lights in that structure just point 50/50 the entire show. I see some minor 3-4° tilt deviations between songs but that's about it.