NSI 9800 Not responding

I have a dimmer rack with 4 9800s and i can only get the top dimmer to respond to addressing - channels 2-7 specifically. Any help would be appreciated.
I've confirmed the power is correct, and the DMX cable is tested and confirmed. I've tried 2 different consoles just for testing, but I can't get the dimmer to respond to more than those few channels.

Many thanks.

Do you mean swapping dimmer modules? i've tested all the soco in the 2 inputs that are responding, so i know all the lights work, just can't get anything pas the first dimmer in line to work.
Also, is there a different addressing that should be used? i have DMX options on back, but the Binary on the front indicats MPX.
Is there something different i should put or is the normal addressing what should be used?

The 9800 only uses MPX unless it has an optional DMX conversion kit. Has the conversion been installed?

it has DMX out on the bottom of the dimmers, so appears to have had the conversion kit installed, however, it also has MPX outs as well.
there's a switch over the DMX that gives the options of 'DMX terminated' and 'DMX passthrough'...

NSI 9800 come with both DMX and XLR control inputs. However, the DMX requires an optional card or it does not work. The XLR multiplex has dip switched on the front for addressing but I assume that this only works with NSI controller. You can get the mauls online/pdf for free.
What kind of controller are you using?

I assume the address switches are set correctly on each of the 4 packs?
All: Set Sw. 8 and 9 OFF
Pack# Sw# 1234567 Dimmer Start#

1 OOOOOOO 1

2 111OOOO 9

3 OOOO1OO 17

4 OOO11OO 25

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back