NSI Dimmer issues

Here's a problem im facing for the smaller theatre space at my theatre. Any help short of sending it back to the manufacturer is, as always, greatly appreciated:

We have a single NSI DS-12 dimmer in the space that's all kinds of wonky. 2 of the dimmers are failed on while the others only come to 25% when their bump button is pushed (though im pretty sure that's just a default setting that can be changed. The dimmer is completely unresponsive to DMX signal. What confuses me is there is also an Elation 4 dimmer cyber pak daisy chained to the NSI. The cyber pak is still receiving DMX signal from from the NSI's DMX out. I've restored factory defaults to the NSI but nothing has changed. Is there something that can be done on my end to fix the dimmer so it is usable? (I really need it for a show im teching tomorrow)

Thanks again!

~grim

Unfortunately due to the time in which im working on this can't call customer service til tomorrow. I've been reading the manual and attempting troubleshoot on my own for the past hour to no avail...

default bump setting is 25 percent
check to see if you are three phase if you have lost or the breaker needs to be reset
check to see that the dimmer is set for dmx
I am assuming that this has been running for a while and not a new install??
if new, make sure dimmer is set up for the phase power and make sure you are running dmx on the dimmer.

make sure that the address the dimmer is set for is the same as the address you think it is

Sharyn

Is this new install or old gear?

Did it suddenly start acting like this: did it fail in phases or all at once?

Did it ever work correctly?

If Van responds to this thread don't listen to him. His advice will only involve some chain, a boat, and a 10 foot pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back