NSI DS8 schematic

hmspe

I have a DS8-12 that has the "intermittent bump button" problem where there are false bump signals which cause the lights on some channels to go to 25%. From what I've read this is caused by the switches failing due to age. The bump buttons were set to latch mode and the channels with the problems would drop for several minutes then return to the normal setting. I have reprogrammed the bump buttons for momentary and the dip is now closet to a second, but for house lights in a church that's not acceptable. A new building that's all LED/DMX is about 6 months away so I'm looking for a short term solution.

I'm OK with disabling the buttons, but I can't locate a schematic. The bump buttons are membrane type and are part of an overlay that is adhered to the metal front panel. There is no access to ring out the wiring or to cut traces except in the ribbon cable that connects the front panel. Based on switch and LED count on the front panel some of the switches are matrixed.

If anyone has a schematic of the front panel they can share or has found a solution to the bump button problem I'd appreciate the help.

Martin

Do you need the front panel controls at all? Could you just unplug the front panel controls entirely (and maybe plug them back in on the odd chance you need to adjust the patch or other settings on the dimmer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back