NSI/Leviton Controllers

TechiGoz

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you out there knew where I could find a website to download NSI Manuals? It is a sub-division of the Leviton brand I think. I used the NSI MLC16D Controller for a gig a little while ago but have lost my manual and as I may have to be using it soon, I need to brush up! Otherwise I'll have to grab something else from my stock. If anyone knows of a place where I can find another one, that'd be great!

Thanks guys.

Cheers

I ran a MLC-16 several days a week for about 2 years, and still own one. If you have any questions, let me know. I can not explain why, but I love those boards. (The newer version - the MLC 128R is a great little traveling board as well, rack mountable and easily runs movers and conventionals).

I agree with you on that one. They certainly are great little boards. I was wondering though, does the MLC-16 allow for control of a dimmer rack aswell? I didn't use one last time - just movers.

Any pointers on assigning fixtures and recording scenes?

Cheers
Dan

Absolutely. You can program any number of dimmer channels into a device. I usually limit it to 12 per. Then just use the wheels to change the value.

Whatever you do, however, do not try to program the attributes in manually. I did this and crashed the board. I called the tech support, and they said that it is never a good idea to try and do this. It was a simple fix, I just rebooted it and set it to factory default settings and then loaded in the settings again. If the fixture is not on that list, you could be in trouble, but everything that I work with is on there.

Whatever you do, however, do not try to program the attributes in manually. I did this and crashed the board. I called the tech support, and they said that it is never a good idea to try and do this. It was a simple fix, I just rebooted it and set it to factory default settings and then loaded in the settings again. If the fixture is not on that list, you could be in trouble, but everything that I work with is on there.

The concern about entering the attributes manually was a bug with earlier versions of firmware. If you need updated firmware or you can not find the defintion for the fixture you are trying to run, please email or call us and we can request that the definition be generated. [email protected] or call 800-959-6004.

hello all i have been recently asked to learn and run an levinto/nsi mlc 16 board and i am having a few problems
1 i can not seem to get the groups set up how i want the i have read through the manuel and followed it step by step but it just wont work i can get all the way to where i can add and take off fixtures from a group but then it will not let me make changes

2 I can not figure out how to save and create a show can anyone help me out?

i have no clue about what version it is i know it does not have even the slot for a floppy disk but i know shows have been saved on it before cause i have used them...
i have not factory defaulted yet because i do not want to loose the shows that r allready programed because we use them weekly and i do not know enough about recording my own shows to feel comfortable enough doing that. is there a different manuel for the mlc 16 versus the 16d (which to my understanding is the one with the floppy drive though i may be tottaly off on that one?)

The version can be located by watching the screen after the units power is turned on.
Latest version is 2.08.09

Sorry for the confustion, yes the console can retain the "shows" on the console, i was referring to backing up the whole console file as a show.

The same manual applies for both consoles.

Also, groups only combine like traits between fixtures.

So if the fixtures you have grouped do not have any similar traits, there will be nothing shown in group window.

Hope this info helps.

Yes that is the way the manuell tells me to do it is there another way?

That is the way to tell the controller which fixtures are to be in each group. There is no other way to group the fixtures.

What fixtures are you using? If they are not the same model fixture, do the fixtures have any traits in common. IE GOBO, COLOR, DIMMER, ECT...

Please email me at [email protected] with your contact information. I would like to discuss further via phone.

I am running 4 Martin Roboscan 812's.

my groubs look like this

group 1 1 2 3 4
_______x x x x

group 2 1 2 3 4
_________x x x

group 3 1 2 3 4
_______x

group 4 1 2 3 4
_______x x__x

I would like to change groups 3 and 4. I would like group 3 to have fixtures 1 and 3 in it and I would like group 4 to have fixtures 2 and 4 in it. as far as common traits go color, gobo, and shutter are all the same on all of them.
thank you so much for your help.

I am running 4 Martin Roboscan 812's.

my groubs look like this

group 1 1 2 3 4
_______x x x x

group 2 1 2 3 4
_________x x x

group 3 1 2 3 4
_______x

group 4 1 2 3 4
_______x x__x

I would like to change groups 3 and 4. I would like group 3 to have fixtures 1 and 3 in it and I would like group 4 to have fixtures 2 and 4 in it. as far as common traits go color, gobo, and shutter are all the same on all of them.
thank you so much for your help.

For Closure for everyone:

Looks like the console was taking its time to go into group edit mode.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

hello again! I have run into another problem that I can not seem to figure out. How do you save patterns to page 2,3 and 4?

Thank You For The Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back