Obey 10 programming problem

Hi, I'm trying to program chases (actually just single colors on a chase) on my Obey 10 control board. I'm using 5 Chauvet Colorstrips. They are correctly addressed. I am following the procedure in the manual as follows:
Turn on board, power all fixtures
All fixtures are deselected, all faders are zeroed. (Everything is off.)
Press 'program' till indicator flashes
Select fixtures
Select chase
Set faders to desired look
Tap 'music/add'

So far, so good. The display and fixtures flash, the step advances 1, as the manual indicates. The problem starts here. I cannot add anything to this chase, nor can I program any other chases. When I tap the "add" button, nothing happens. I hold the program button to exit, turn off all fixtures and slides, deselect 'blackout'. The chase I've programmed (only 1 step) works great, turns on and off. However, I cannot figure out how to program a second chase.

I remember having programmed a cool "sunset" effect when I first got the board years ago, but haven't done any other programming since then, just run colors manually.

I would greatly appreciate ANY suggestions! (I'm a volunteer and a lighting novice, so if you can help, please explain in simple terms, if you can.)

Hi, I'm trying to program chases (actually just single colors on a chase) on my Obey 10 control board. I'm using 5 Chauvet Colorstrips. They are correctly addressed. I am following the procedure in the manual as follows:
Turn on board, power all fixtures
All fixtures are deselected, all faders are zeroed. (Everything is off.)
Press 'program' till indicator flashes
Select fixtures
Select chase
Set faders to desired look
Tap 'music/add'

So far, so good. The display and fixtures flash, the step advances 1, as the manual indicates. The problem starts here. I cannot add anything to this chase, nor can I program any other chases. When I tap the "add" button, nothing happens. I hold the program button to exit, turn off all fixtures and slides, deselect 'blackout'. The chase I've programmed (only 1 step) works great, turns on and off. However, I cannot figure out how to program a second chase.

I remember having programmed a cool "sunset" effect when I first got the board years ago, but haven't done any other programming since then, just run colors manually.

I would greatly appreciate ANY suggestions! (I'm a volunteer and a lighting novice, so if you can help, please explain in simple terms, if you can.)
Found the answer, hope it helps someone else: Reset to Factory Default by simultaneously pressing Step Up and Auto/Del.

Found the answer, hope it helps someone else: Reset to Factory Default by simultaneously pressing Step Up and Auto/Del.
@Colleen Sabeh Congratulations for persevering and solving your own problem with apologies for no one rushing to your aid. Thanks for returning with your solution and welcome to Control Booth, there are worse places.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

@Colleen Sabeh Congratulations for persevering and solving your own problem with apologies for no one rushing to your aid. Thanks for returning with your solution and welcome to Control Booth, there are worse places.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
No worries - I didn't expect a quick reply on a Saturday night from people in the entertainment industry! Hopefully, everyone had a productive and profitable night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back