obsolete decor board

tmooretxk

I am trying to assist a high school which has a Decor analog lighting system with an 18 channel Decor US-18BP-10V board that has problems. Anyone know where I could get a replacement? E-bay doesn't show anything. Budget is non-existent, surely someone has one in a closet they would love to give to a needy school...

Unfortunately I don't think I can help you get a working one, but if you need to get that old board off your hands please let me know, it would be very much appreciated.

I meant that if it is completely broken beyond fixing, please let me know, I have a odd obsession with taking things apart and finding out how they work. And if it's already broken beyond repair, I wouldn't have to be as careful.

Last edited:
tmooretxk said:
I am trying to assist a high school which has a Decor analog lighting system with an 18 channel Decor US-18BP-10V board that has problems. Anyone know where I could get a replacement? E-bay doesn't show anything. Budget is non-existent, surely someone has one in a closet they would love to give to a needy school...

Do you know whether the problem is in the board or the dimmers. If it is in the board then these are fairly simple to repair. The main thing is finding the right value for the faders and at the right size.

I can provide more info on how to fault find the problems if needed.

It appears to be the board - the X fader is flakey, acting in a non-linear fashion, while the Y circuit doesn't reach the same intensity of the X. I have taped the X master @ full and the Y master and Y channel faders @ off, and showed them how to use the A and B faders and switches on the X circuit to limp along until we can find a permanent solution. I know there are (or were) converters available to interface newer boards to the 10V dimmers, and may need to do that. There are 24 dimmers, non-modular, each dimmer assignable by a push-plug patch board to any of 24 control board channels. Two of the dimmers have problems - #7 doesn't respond and #11 is always @ full, if I remember correctly - and I may try to rewire two of the other dimmers if we fix the board problem and those problems remain. Is there a source for manuals and/or wiring diagrams for the old Decor stuff?

Also, I have two Kliegel analog boards that used to be daisy-chained together at a local college, and probably still work, but there are no cables or wiring diagrams. It will be next week before I can concentrate on this issue, but would love to get on the phone with someone knowledgeable about this old stuff. I have some local electronics-savvy help for when I get a doable plan. Thanks for the responses ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back