Odd Comm scenario-Splitting a headset

coreywt494

Hey folks,

I have a scenario where I am in need of combining two com systems (sorta)

System 1:
Clearcom HMEDX100 wireless system (4 packs)
-SM
-ASM
-Audio
-LX 1

System 2:
Telex Wired system
-LX 1
-LX 2

So we don't have enough wireless for my programmer to be on com, which for this musical isn't really going to work for me. So the option now is that I wear two headsets, one on the wireless system to talk to stage management and one to talk to my programmer.

Is there a way to take my PH88, and make a splitter, feeding one end into the wireless com pack (with this adapter http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/169...-iFbPgc_AGv4T1uo0Xinc5mxVzIQtv-xoCam0QAvD_BwE) and one into the normal telex system?

If that makes no sense, let me know and I can try to explain it differently.

EDIT: Also if there is just some way to adapt to add a wired com system into the DX100 system, that would also be fine, just depends on price

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm away from the stage right now, but we have a Clear Com (wired) and HME (wireless) set up at my theater. We have a different model base station for each, but the underlying technology is very similar.

The HME base station has an auxiliary output specifically to tie in wired com systems. There's a button that toggles between two-wire and four-wire interfaces. You'd need to run an XLR cable between both base stations. There is a perceptible difference in audio quality between the wired and wireless systems, but nothing unbearable. You can tie in both a four-wire and two-wire system; they will each be able to talk to the wireless, but not to each other.

As always, refer to the manual when in doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back