Odd job posting...

that's australia for ya :)

but we have public health care :)

TAKE THAT :)

Thats interesting, I've tried to log on to the US copyrite site twice and I can't get there. We have no system like that. I post copies of my work to myself registered mail with a signature and date across the sealed flap and never open them.
Are you aware if foreign writers can register their work in the US. As a playwright I am interested although I haven't had a US production yet. Just Australia the UK and Greece.

Well all the Harry Potter books are copy-righted. I think if there is a domestic, < Amerikan> publisher for the work, it would get filed. I would assume also that the US and Austrailia have reciprocle licenseing agreements on things like copyrights. Though I have to admit International Contract Law is not one of my strong points.

" I object!"
"You opened this line of questioning, Mr Burgher."

That's interesting. Welcome to Australia. You need a special license to use a Genie Lift but you can plagiarize all you want.

Serious moment! I don't mean we don't have copyright protection just that we have no system for registering copyright. Internationally all intellectual property is of course protected but international co operation can be a bit dodgy.
I ensure that I have a time and date identified reference copy of all my completed work both in hard copy and on disc with a date stamp. Not that that is worth much as it can be faked very easily on a disc. I also keep all my rough notes (which I also date when I remember) and working scripts all sealed in envelopes.
And anyway if you use one source it's plagiarism if you use four its research.:rolleyes: (Allk you students please ignore that last statement.):grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back