Official picture thread

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
LDI2010preview.jpg

Is anyone surprised that ETC has the biggest, most prominent booth?

Hey there! Here are a few of the photos Doug Fleenor Design managed to take during LDI 2010. If you stopped by our booth, you had the opportunity to grab a free "got dmx?' t-shirt, and have your photo snapped with it. While we're still working on the collage of the thousand or so t-shirt recipients, here are a few people who are well known around ControlBooth.

Yours truly, jfleenor!
proxy.php

I wonder who these two lovely people might be...
proxy.php

Our gafftaper!
proxy.php

The elusive Lekogirl stopped by a couple times.
proxy.php

I hand delivered this shirt to Kelite.
proxy.php

The rest of the photos will be up on our Facebook page by the end of the week, so check back!

Sorry they are only camera phone shots:

The GREAT WALL... of Chinese Crap. I couldn't believe as I was walking buy they had this really powerful laser sitting on the floor. I had to walk through the laser beams. If I was dumb and didn't know to shield my eyes I might still be in the hospital!
IMG_20101022_112814.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a good thing for our industry or not.
IMG_20101022_114203.jpg

If you drive West of the strip about 5 miles you'll find yourself at T.C.'s Rib Crib. You should ALL book your flight tonight.
IMG_20101020_174140.jpg

My rental car was AWESOME!
IMG_20101021_105315.jpg

I stayed up on Fremont Street at the Las Vegas Club it's an old 2 1/2 star place. But you can't beat it for $25 a night, no bed bugs, and a claw machine downstairs that you can use to win a free lobster! Just grab the lobster with the claw!
IMG_20101020_160430.jpg

Last edited:
Those who came to the official CB gathering at the Apollo Booth found this surprise!
CBgobo1.jpg

Of course the good folks over at Baxter Controls: Pocket Console DMX had their Par-becue rolling. I didn't get any, but dvsDave said it tasted spectacular!
DSCN0685.JPG
A warning sign on the hoist in the ZFX booth
DSCN0691.JPG

Thanks ETC for the invitation to your party. While others talk about educating and helping students you are one of the few companies who really goes out of your way to do something about it. I was really impressed by the things Fred Foster had to say to the students present. Your company is big enough that you don't have to care, but still you do and you do it in a big way. Thanks for supporting our efforts to educate here on CB as well!
DSCN0729 cut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the welcome gobo. Man, I wish that I could have made it to one of the meetups. Someday. . .

Those who came to the official CB gathering at the Apollo Booth found this surprise!
View attachment 3906
It was awesome. A special thanks to Monty, (Kelite's boss) for commissioning that for the CB meetup. He was also very generous and gave the gobos to me after the show. :D

Of course the good folks over at Baxter Controls: Pocket Console DMX had their Par-becue rolling. I didn't get any, but dvsDave said it tasted spectacular!
View attachment 3907
The BBQ sauce was from Salt Lick Bar-B-Que Restaurant ? Austin, Round Rock, Hill Country, Texas and it was lick-the-plate-clean-when-nobody-is-looking good.

Thanks ETC for the invitation to your party. While others talk about educating and helping students you are one of the few companies who really goes out of your way to do something about it. I was really impressed by the things Fred Foster had to say to the students present. Your company is big enough that you don't have to care, but still you do and you do it in a big way. Thanks for supporting our efforts to educate here on CB as well!
View attachment 3917
I couldn't put it better myself. ETC's dedication to the students in this industry is awe-inspiring and an example to live up to. Plus, their Student Banquet is easily the swankiest party at LDI. Mmmm... I'm still thinking about that bowl of bananas foster!

I couldn't put it better myself. ETC's dedication to the students in this industry is awe-inspiring and an example to live up to. Plus, their Student Banquet is easily the swankiest party at LDI. Mmmm... I'm still thinking about that bowl of bananas foster!
Mmmm the Bananas Fred were excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back