Control/Dimming Old ETC RFU

xander

I am relatively new at my theatre so I don't know anything about the old equipment that we don't use, but still have kicking around for some reason. The company bought a used Express 24/48 just last year to replace an old Expression. While doing some spring cleaning I have come across an old ETC RFU. I am assuming it went with the Expression because it has an old key layout--fewer, slightly different buttons. I plugged it into the Express because I am desperate for an RFU and I was just hoping. It did squat. Does anyone know if it is just not compatible with the newer Express, or should it work and it's busted?

Thanks,
-Tim

I would check the RFU for any sort of code or model number and then call ETC directly and ask them if it will work. 1-800-688-4116

Or

You can take a picture of it and post it here and wait for someone to tell you if it will work.

Either way we need more data, either a model number or some sort of photo.

There isn't a serial or model number or any label whatsoever. I will post a pic as soon as I can, but it looks just like any Express(ion), 6-pin XLR, RFU. It just has slightly different buttons.

-Tim

Thanks for the link! In the pictures that you posted there, mine is the first, which confirms what I thought; it is for the Expression. But, as is also asked (and not answered) in that thread, are they cross platform compatible?

-Tim

Thanks for the link! In the pictures that you posted there, mine is the first, which confirms what I thought; it is for the Expression. But, as is also asked (and not answered) in that thread, are they cross platform compatible?

-Tim

No. It's only good for Expression and Insight I series (possibly Concept).

SB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back