Old Lanterns

Logos

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I recently acquired 3 x pre war Strand Electrical Engineering Company Patt 60 floods and 3 x Patt 49A Profiles. They all use Giant ES 40mm 500w lamps now unobtainable in this country. I have 6 spares which all test out as good on a multi meter.
I intend to restore one of each to pristine condition.

Logos, and I feel I am unanimous in this, we'd like pictures. Also, if you could, would you explain what wacky Brit (Bentham?) came up with the idea of identifying stage luminaires by pattern number? Is that the same as model number? I don't think it's patriotism that causes me to feel 8" Fresnel, 6x9, 6x12, 14" Scoop, is preferable nomenclature.:)

As they say on the internet, "pics or GTFO".

Pics early next week. These things are huge and I need space to get them out.

I believe that the pattern number was based on the common british manufactureing term of the pattern for the dies used in manufacturing
I think it is the same as the habit of things being catalogue number or part number all of which is better than that ****able SKU numbers :)

Would love to see the photos.
Fixture & lamps. 40mm 500w lamps? Seems a bit small unless tube shape instead of globe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back