old non-nema 'pin-out' style twistlocks

Yes, but this is hardly an obsolete connector.
proxy.php

No sense in me getting pictures now, that's exactly what they look like, just older. Maybe we've got some $$ sitting in those boxes there :lol:

Twistlock confusion

I've been going through my junk boxes and have come across a couple dozen twistlock plugs pulled from donated lights over the years. (All my systems are edison, I know....but all 1200w or less) The plugs in question are 125/250v 20 amp but the ground pins have an outside pointing tab. I can't find a reference to this config anywhere. Should I assume these are obsolete types? As they are also bakelite/plastic I am tempted to toss them anyway just on general principals. Any ideas??

Re: Twistlock confusion

See the wiki entry TLGO.

Before just tossing the old, obsolete, unwanted connectors, consider offering them "Free to good home, buyer pays shipping" on the CB Classifieds? It's possible a member could put them to good use.

Last edited:

Thanks. I'll file them away until I can find a taker locally or I reach 15 posts...

Actually, My Alma mater Catawba College uses them in two out of their three spaces and could really use anything that isn't claimed. PM me and i can send you contact information for the TD. They used to be really big in schools, but have apparently lost their UL listing. The only other use for them if I recall is power for popcorn popping machines. I'd love to hear what other theater spaces still use them, anybody else out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back