Conventional Fixtures Older Light Identification

Sorry for the intrusion and probably an inappropriate post.
However I am in dire need of help. This site seems to be the only place to even hint at what I have.
Indeed I registered and viewed the pdf of the Capital Stage Lighting catalog and did find that I am in possession of
a working 2000 Watt model 19 or 19s.
Now my big question, the wife wants it gone, what are my options a collector or E-bay it?
And what is it worth if anything to a collector?

Sorry for the intrusion.

Evolouie

No reason to be sorry, always welcome a new member and a new question.

Post a few photos of this light. I don't have one amongst many similar I do have. None posted for existance of the light so far, much less condition is often everything in presentation. This both for how it was if factory spec, and how it is.

(Side post)
Got a Brenkert Carbon Arc “Junior” 6" PC Spotlight from like the 1890's thru at most 1911 for age. Goodman Theater in Chicago believed to be gotten from before it got to it's next theater I bought it from. Yet to work on it in out of museum - believe I have a certain skill level and experience in doing so properly over a few hundred fixtures worked on and back to factory spec. Realized during a vendor tour this past week in telling the history of it and how historic it is, that this is the same type of fixture as will have been the one that started the Iroquois Theatre fire. Given that concept, I'm thinking instad of a full restore, I'll preserve what discoloring in age and prevent further rust, but overall present what the light looks like now verses what in new condition I normally present them as. (Side post but correct in a concept of like new, as is or preserved but accurate level in presevation.)

Your fixture you probably don't want to get into preserving or like new by way of experience in doing so correctly. So as is.

Working is an operative term meaning some form of lamp in it works... now that it works, don't turn it on again out of safety and or what ever lamp is in it, next time it might blow and if valable lamp might blow a few bucks. And don't insure with shipping, that working lamp will survive shipping - bought a rare one once... yep it's filament didn't. Also assuming not an origional 1920's lamp but one that works from a later date which is fine in also discontinued.

On the fixture in expecting it works in some way but isn't really safe by way of asbestos wiring, that's a wash and I would cut and bad before shipping as courtousy offered. But that's details not needed to advertise in offering, more stuff after the sale in exposure levels while limited. Don't wast time on what ever plug is on it, clip it with the cable in cheaper to replace than waste time and health in trying to safe what's probably against code anyway.

Sorry if you have to sell it off. My Wife and I are weeks away from baby and in already in making room in the house for wife, I have further moved out of the house in general now for baby - though less so than Wife has to do.

A few museums that would want one including mine but we all have wives that put clamps onto say for my instance baby on the way, verses another toy type buying. That's for E-Bay at times what jacks up the price, but not the only reason. Just because museum collectors might be bidding against each other, doesn't mean it will not get medium to high bucks dependant on the time of the year that kicks us collectors off bidding.

I have gotten some similar fixtures on E-Bay for like $20.00 before, and some even more important fixtures for history in that range. Starting low in like $14.00 range depends upon time of year I have not figured out yet in walking it up into the at least 40's and perhaps hundreds. Starting in the 40's depends on them with more money than sense in how much work it will no doubt take to preserve it to be there at this point but at least a starting offer.

None the less, I believe or it should be viable in this catalogue that I'm looking at which I presented to the website in PDF form, for it to be free for you and all to post it with pages with link to the source you got it from link on ebay. Photos of your specific light, here is the research and catalogue behind it. S for stand or without important as with other details in defining what you have. Any idea of how hard it is to make a rosette side mount for such a side mount bracket if the stand mount is not provided?

That "S" probably implies you have that rosette side mount fitting which is very rare and if there could help price.

Won't hurt the price but just that stand to fixture bracket for such a light is in my opinion at least worth part of the light in value and rare value.

Here is the thing... don't sell it if possible. Put away as an investment. You know what it is and you know that it's a recessson. Put it away and a few years from now in perhaps you wrapping it in oil coated foam blankets of wrapping so the oil seeps in, bring it back a few years from now or if at a point you really need money and it will start at the same price but hopefully rise to a higher value in bidding.

Great light, don't have one but in being honest, preserve selling it until a better market.

Here are a few pics of the light I have. As you can see it is in very very good conditione. No dent or dings, no rust, everything works. And yes it does have the side mount with the knob.
7018-older-light-identification-imgp2720.jpg
7019-older-light-identification-imgp2715.jpg
IMGP2711.JPG
7020-older-light-identification-imgp2718.jpg
7021-older-light-identification-imgp2717.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP2720.JPG
    IMGP2720.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMGP2715.JPG
    IMGP2715.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 384