older strand cd80 portable

benchman

again... I'm new at the whole dimmer thing(I'm an audio dude) so bare with me. there are six strand cd80 packs mounted on the wall. they are three phase powered. there are three rotary dmx selectors, a dip switch next to them. i want to use them to control lekos and Parnells(120vlt). the lighting board is an elation show designer3 with both three and five pin outs. is there anything i need to do to set the packs up for this or is it a simple matter of connecting the dmx cable and setting the address on the pack? or is there more to it. i've tried to find the manual for these packs but have had no luck. also do i need to run a terminator on the last pack?

thanks

dave

once again thanks for the manual... i have one more question though... how much should i pay for one of these. they have been mounted in a studio since new and have been professionally maintained... they look brand new and are mounted in a very clean iso room . they have twelve 2k breakers and two soka 6ch connectors.

thanks

dave

Vendors at Sources for Used Equipment often have these or similar for around USD 2500. As with any used item, price varies widely due to condition, age, and demand.

Note there are three "generations" of CD-80:
CD-80 (Original)
CD-80 AE (Advanced Electronics)
CD-80 SV (Supervisor)
I'm not positive which version you're looking at, but I think it's the middle (AE) one.

Oh, and I'll add one more thing - Luck!

(I once found two Crown DC300 power amps at the dumps, which they sold to me for $5 each for the "copper" value. They worked perfectly, still have them!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back