"On Headset": Another cool learning opportunity from ETC

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
ETC just released another cool learning opportunity they are calling "On Headset". Ever wonder what it's like to program a big Broadway show with one of the industry's top designers next to you? Well they recorded Ken Billington designing a show and give you the show files so that you can follow along and program it as he calls it on your EOS console. How cool is that! Check it out here.

ETC just released another cool learning opportunity they are calling "On Headset". Ever wonder what it's like to program a big Broadway show with one of the industry's top designers next to you? Well they recorded Ken Billington designing a show and give you the show files so that you can follow along and program it as he calls it on your EOS console. How cool is that! Check it out here.
I have had a crack at the first 4 sessions. There are some bits that I cant understand or don't have time to do like marking and there are some conversations that don't make sense with presets and you know those lights etc. But I found even as a (little better than) beginner I managed to keep up. I did study the patch list and other documents that came with it and they were helpful in understanding what was going on. The only thing that would make it better would be if a visualizer file was available. Someone did make a file in Augmented 3d and it helped. It is a great tool to see where you are up to and what key strokes you use the most.
I also found myself preempting some of the calls because they were used all the time so got used to them.
A good tool and a bit of fun. Might go and do some more later.

Regards
Geoff

FYI - I couldn't get the files to play with Chrome, had to switch to Firefox. On Windows 10. Interesting, pretty much what I'm used to hearing from our designers. Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back