Once Again Strand OLE

propmonkey

Once again I'm trying to get the strand ole working in xp. I've made a ms-dos boot disk and i go to install 2.6c and it gets almost to the end and it says i cannot find "CRCFILE.CRC".

Can someone please help, i need this program to work in xp with out rediong my computer.

Please help me to get this program to run.

Why bother?
does it save any time? *lol*

OLE for what board OS? genius?
its 1000 times faster to just use the board to program :p

i like to use the ole personally. if i know i am going in to do a show that has quite a number of fixtures i like to sit at home and chuck in all my addresses and do the patch and do pallettes and groups. it is alot easier to do it at home without any stress or trying to hurry. i then just go and load it up on the desk and make any necessary changes... saves quite alot of time actually!

does anyone know if it works on win 2000?

there is also a program called pear or something, which is able to emulate dos. it can also emulate Mac OS X for all the windows ppl that are interested in seeing the joys of a mac!

Yah, dj_illusions is right, i just installed a copy of 98 on an old PC of mine, then just restarted in DOS mode, Pear PC is the emulator.

Necropost Alert! This thread is over 4 years old.

While I fully support bringing old posts back from the dead to add helpful information like Nick did in this thread. I don't want anyone getting confused and thinking this is a new thread and Strand's Palette software requires you to run Windows 9x or a DOS box.

I believe the Palette OLE comes in both a Windows XP and Vista 32 versions.

Necropost Alert! This thread is over 4 years old.

While I fully support bringing old posts back from the dead to add helpful information like Nick did in this thread. I don't want anyone getting confused and thinking this is a new thread and Strand's Palette software requires you to run Windows 9x or a DOS box.

I believe the Palette OLE comes in both a Windows XP and Vista 32 versions.

And there is this... which takes care of all of the DOS hacks once and for all.

http://bobbyharrelllighting.com/console_training/assets/StrandOLE.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back