One More Reason Not To Buy Behringer

For some strange reason, I'm not surprised!

Austinro said:
I'm not sure where I read this, but apparently Behringer got sued by a company (Roland?) for blatantly copying a guitar pedal. The company proved that Behringer stole the product because Behringer copied a flaw in the circuit board.

Yep, that was Roland that sued. Behringer's pedals also looked exactly like Roland's Boss pedals (guitarists here, you know what they look like), the only difference being that they said Behringer on them instead of Boss. Do a search on ProSoundWeb's forums (the basement) and somebody posted pics. There's a few threads on the topic.

Was speaking to a friend the other day about our friends at Bhringer and how they were recently in hot water with the FCC. His comment was that we can expect to see these units discounted and sold of quickly.

He told me about them loosing a court case some time ago in which they were prohibited from manufacturing any more of the item in question (EQ or compressor – I can’t quite remember) but the court ruling didn’t stop them from selling their existing stock.

What they did was reduce the sale price on this item dramatically to clear their stock, which paid off the fine and legal costs and still gave them money to bank.

On a side line to this, he told me about a documentary he once saw that showed how big businesses can get away without paying their taxes. Apparently, when they are ordered to produce their financial records etc, they literally pack up every item of paper and send it to the IRS.

By law, the IRS has to stamp each individual page as being recorded and logged and then has to provide secure storage for the duration of the investigation/audit. Apparently, when you send a couple of truck loads of financial documents, the IRS is unable to provide the man hours and storage to complete the job. As such, they withdraw the order.

Oh to be rich and powerful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back