Online Distance Learning Safety courses for teens?

TDjohn

Hi folks,

I am a High School technical Director. My High school is on a Distance Learning Program through June. This presents as lemons for my Hands-on, Project Based Learning model. It's time to make lemonade.

The areas that I wish I covered better over the whole program is general theater safety, shop safety and over-head safety.

I was thinking if someone had access to a good program, I am all ears.

I myself take the usual professional safety courses for shop tools, areas and material handling. These would not be appropriate for my teenage students. I don't think I would get the needed buy-in for an Osha type online course. (Don't flame me about teaching the students about the industry. I have 60 tech kids at different levels of technical theater. If two of them eventually go into the industry, that would be nice.)

I would like a winning program that works and is interesting on its own merits for this age group.

I am open to whatever you use for this. I can buy dvd's or subscriptions for working behind a pay-wall. Whatever is cool.

If you present lectures, I can invite you as a guest speaker. Let me know what you are thinking. Otherwise, I am going to have to create this from scratch.

Thanks for your positive input on this.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back