The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Online Portfolio

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by lights11964, May 13, 2006.

1. lights11964

lights11964 Member

Hey guys,

I just made myself an online portfolio. Would please go check it out for me and tell me what you think. I would love your suggustions and comments. Thanks.

www.dickmanportfolio.com

Daniel

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Looks cool.

I am no expert on these things, but the talking "Daniel did such and such..." threw me for a loop. I think saying "I" and "my" is perfectly fine and will make it much more natural. (I think this is where we throw the English class "never use personal pronouns" out the window...)

3. lights11964

lights11964 Member

yeah i really didnt know how to phrase it all. im still revising some things. Im going to use it as a suplement to my actual portfolio when im interviewing at colleges.

4. dwt1

dwt1 Member

Daniel:

Some very nice work indeed. You might benefit from a recent article on portfolios in Dramatics magazine. The link is:

http://www.edta.org/pdf_archive/building_portfolio95200672835.pdf

Best wishes and if you would like some assistance, I work with two theatre faculty members at Carnegie Mellon.

Best wishes,

dwt1

5. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

You might want to revise your resume'.... orginize the job portion by the job and not by time.... also you do not need an objective.... and under special skills be more specific... i.e. saw and lumber construction... what board software you know, what version of vectorworks, do you know how to use word, excel,... all that type of thing

6. lights11964

lights11964 Member

Thank you all for you suggustions, I really appreciate it. If you have any more, by all means, keep them coming. Dana thank you so much for that article, it is extremely helpfull! Thanks alot, if I have any more specific questions, I will be in touch.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

7. dwt1

dwt1 Member

You're welcome. That's what we're here for...

Dana