online supplier

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
There is a site I know everyone loves for getting light stuff online but the name escapes me, what is it?

//Sorry for the useless thread but I couldn't figure out what to search for to find in in the threads here

There's CB site sponsor and member BillESC from Entertainment Systems Corp. I haven't been able to purchase from him yet, but he's a good guy and his price quotes have been great. Hopefully I can get through the red tape and throw him some business one of these days. Drop him a message he can get more for you than just what's on the website.

You are probably thinking about either Production Advantage or Premier Lighting. I've never purchased from either but others here have and both have killer low prices. Pay careful attention to what is and isn't included when dealing with an internet discount dealer vs a traditional local or national dealer.

BMI Supply is one of the bigger operations in the country. They have a great online catalog called Techsmart which doesn't have the greatest deals but is very complete. Another national dealer, Barbizon has a great website and online store. The best part is the manufacturer's links page... bookmark it!

As always I want to throw in the line about how great it is to have a relationship with your local dealer. You can save a few bucks ordering from the internet but they won't stop by your theater a half hour before curtain to help keep your show running. A good local dealer will cost you a few dollars more but real customer service is a great thing. It's a good thing to buy your gear from the person you are going to have fix it. And as long as I'm talking about relationships with your local dealer, here's the website for my local dealer PNTA. They are really good people you can trust to do the job right at competitive prices. Plus they have an on-line store.

With most theater places like BMI, Barbizon, or PNTA, the package rate is going to be in the range of 10%-15% less than the normal catalog price. So don't assume the price you see on their website is their best price if you are buying a quantity. My guess is an internet operation like Production Advantage is as low as the prices will get. If you are buying a large enough package, local and national dealers can often get very close to the internet discount dealer prices.

Last edited:
There's CB site sponsor and member BillESC from Entertainment Systems Corp. I haven't been able to purchase from him yet, but he's a good guy and his price quotes have been great. Hopefully I can get through the red tape and throw him some business one of these days. Drop him a message he can get more for you than just what's on the website.
You are probably thinking about either Production Advantage or Premier Lighting. I've never purchased from either but others here have and both have killer low prices. Pay careful attention to what is and isn't included when dealing with an internet discount dealer vs a traditional local or national dealer.
BMI Supply is one of the bigger operations in the country. They have a great online catalog called Techsmart which doesn't have the greatest deals but is very complete. Another national dealer, Barbizon has a great website and online store. The best part is the manufacturer's links page... bookmark it!
As always I want to throw in the line about how great it is to have a relationship with your local dealer. You can save a few bucks ordering from the internet but they won't stop by your theater a half hour before curtain to help keep your show running. A good local dealer will cost you a few dollars more but real customer service is a great thing. It's a good thing to buy your gear from the person you are going to have fix it. And as long as I'm talking about relationships with your local dealer, here's the website for my local dealer PNTA. They are really good people you can trust to do the job right at competitive prices. Plus they have an on-line store.
With most theater places like BMI, Barbizon, or PNTA, the package rate is going to be in the range of 10%-15% less than the normal catalog price. So don't assume the price you see on their website is their best price if you are buying a quantity. My guess is an internet operation like Production Advantage is as low as the prices will get. If you are buying a large enough package, local and national dealers can often get very close to the internet discount dealer prices.

Production advantage is a traditional dealer, they just have an online store as well. They started out as a by phone/catalog just like BMI is but have just opened the online store.

Thanks for all the help, this isn't for me a friend of mine doing a show in des moines (ick) is doing a show and was asking what websites would be good.

Thanks for all the help, this isn't for me a friend of mine doing a show in des moines (ick) is doing a show and was asking what websites would be good.

Oh I get it... I always buy from a local dealer who I have a great relationship with but a "friend of mine in des moines" wants to buy off the internet.

Well, I have a "friend in des moines" who has this rash... never mind. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back