Onstage costume change

Zac, when I designed the show, the witch had a dress that closed up the front with large whopper poppers, the cape was attached to the dress at the shoulders. The hood of the cape was attached to a wig front, and the wig front was attached to a latex prosthetic mask. The actress had a large break in act one, she went off stage, put on her pretty dress, she put on a lace front wig, and then reattached the prosthetic with double stick tape.

When it came time for her to transform, we had fog on stage, she walked behind a tree, and was able to take off the dress, cape, hood, wig and mask in one piece, took about 20 seconds, and came back on pretty and young. we had a hook on the back of the tree that she hung the piece on so it was hidden from the audience.

The wig front that she wore at the beginning was an old piece that I wired the give some height off of her head and strength to support the hood. The hood of the cape was wired at the edge to give strength and also it was a cool look. I was lucky to have worked with a wig master who made the wigs. I have had good luck with purchasing Lace front wigs from local wig shops. They are good quality and the prices are usually able to fit into my budgets. The wiring of the wig front and the hood allowed the actress to put the pretty wig on with out it getting messed up by the hood. Good Luck with your show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back