Oops

During my IBEW Installation and maintenance apprenticeship, every time I was on a decent size project, a community college and two hospitals for example, when it came time for finishing, installing the new, architectural grade, switches and receptacles, the standard for the building would be hammered into our heads and CONSISTENCY was insisted upon throughout an entire project, from 3rd level basement to 11th floor, attic and HVAC penthouses.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
My time as an Non-IBEW electrician. Everyone around here puts them Ground DOWN....
And plus as long as things are properly plugged in ALL THE WAY the point is kind of moot (plus hey that's what OC protection is for!)
Lots of plug-in thing tail down on the "ground" side making them more or less intended to plug into receptacles with the ground down as well.
But hey if you care, flip the other way, I don't really care one way or another.

Good discussion and nobody taking it more than conserdiation - just something to chat about.

interesting in ground down at times helps with ease of pull out I noted in my past. Than of course if that easy to pull out, isn't that a problem? Following current standard of what is done at a location... ok, but at what point given that are use of GFCI's granfathered given that policy?

From the standpoint of caring about this, or hey I will do what I'm told... Your thoughts are asked in not what you are told to do. Thoughts given reasoning in discussion which won't change anything but has imput.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back