Control/Dimming Open ETC Emphasis backup file

Hi everybody! It's my first post at ControlBooth. Sorry if my english is not excellent.

I programmed a show with an ETC Emphasis console and I made a backup. Now, I have the backup file with a .ecs extension, but I no longer have the console.
I downloaded the ETC software for EOS Family, but I couldn't open the file.
Is there any way of open the .ecs file in my computer to get a report of the show? Other peple told me to export it to ASCII and open the file in GrandMA, but I don't know if it's possible.

Thank you very much.

You would need to download and run the Expression series off-line editor, open the .esf file, convert it and save as ASCII.

Then either using Nomad software, you would import that ASCII file and save as .esf format for Eos famile consoles.

You would need to download and run the Expression series off-line editor, open the .esf file, convert it and save as ASCII.

Then either using Nomad software, you would import that ASCII file and save as .esf format for Eos famile consoles.

I got the Expression Off-Line (is it the editor?) but it seems to read only .shw files. Besides, I don't have any .efs file (my original file from the console is .ecs).

Thanks again.

Sorry, I mis-read your OP and thought you wanted to port this to Eos format, thus the need for Nomad.

It's been a while since I dealt with Emphasis, but I think you had to either use the Emphasis off-line editor or save while in Emphasis to Expression (.shw) format, in order to use Expression Off-Line.

I also recall that Emphasis Off-Line required a version of WYSIWYG as well as a dongle to operate, but might be wrong.

F nobody else here responds or can't suggest anything, I would re-post on the ETC forum, there's a group for legacy Expression and Emphasis gear - http://community.etcconnect.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back