Open Orch Pit Sign

I will give a hearty second to @MNicolai endorsement of Incord.

In our high school space we have a pit net that was built by them. Whenever the pit is going to get opened (it's a manual pull) the pit net is installed before the sections are removed.

We also do the following:
- Lay down two layers of high viz spike tape when rehearsals start to help the director / choreographer / performers becomes used to the space the pit will take up during the show... this doesn't come off until dress.

- When the pit is open, on top of the pit net, there is a portable stanchion with warning belts installed from the moment the pit is opened until we get deep into rehearsals.
- when not removed for active rehearsal / show they are always in place.

- We leave the fluorescent pit lights on when not in rehearsal / performance mode. In the evening they stay on as well as the ghost light.

- Finally we have boards on SL & SR where we list current hazards on the stage

Luckily the only thing that has gone into the pit in 10 years was some dry ice fog and a couple of small hand props.

Steven

This Style of Stanchion belt or something similar.
(apologies for the super-sized image)

Stanchion.jpg

Gee and our actors and choreographers get all pissy with me when I tell them... No movement or dancing that puts your toes even an inch past the painted front light line
Not only won't your Grandma be able to see your face, you gonna break someone's new trombone..

The quote from above :)

- When the pit is open, on top of the pit net, there is a portable stanchion with warning belts installed from the moment the pit is opened until we get deep into rehearsals.
- when not removed for active rehearsal / show they are always in place.

The layer of spike tape closest to the pit stays in through the performance.

026.jpg

We also only open up the 3 centre sections of our Pit... our Directors like having the apron space to play on

Don't worry ... the Grandma's can still see the little ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back