Opening Night Crisis

Maybe someone said the dreaded M word before your show to make all those bad things, the other day, one of our actresses said it and poof the curtain breaks, lovley huh! luckily it was a rehearsal and we had 2 days to cut out all the curtain cues and replace it with entertaining scene changes with period music.

the long lines of old ladies for bathroom- which only had 2 tiny stalls- (at EVERY SHOW)

then they put on a $50,000 addition that was nothing but a ladies bathroom.

Being a High School, most of our matinee's are full of itty bitty kids, especially when we did Cinderella (i had a mother come up to me while i was working doors telling me she lost her kid, most terrifying three mintues of my life (the kid ran up crying)). We usually only do matinee's for our musicals, but once we did one for our drama, To Gillian on her 37th Birthday, and every person in the company literally was calling everyone they knew to see if they could come to the show. The audience i believe was under 20 people, and even though it was a black box, there were still tons of open seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back