Opinions on Chauvet, Blizzard, and ADJ for theatre playhouse

tymckz

Hey Hi
I'm opening a new theatre in SF. I've been using Chavet ParQuad 18's in my other theatre. They're great. My budget is kind of tight and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on longevity and quality between the Chavet ParQuad 18, the ADJ 18PHEX (or any comparable ADJ fixtures) and these Blizzards I'm seeing out there.

I use QLC+ though I'm looking at MagicQ for down the road perhaps. I'll still be using traditional fixtures on universe 2.

Any one have an opinion?

Thanks
..)
Ty

Blizzard has great CSR. Chauvet has good CSR.

I haven’t used the fixture you are talking about but you should do a shoot out between the fixtures you want.

Anything that isn’t labeled pro is going to be you get what you pay for type of thing.

Thanks Amiers I might do that.

Has anyone used this before? It's not pro but it's 10W x18 as opposed to the Pro ParQuad which is 7Wx18. Also wireless...
Blizzard Lighting Colorise Quadra
Fanless 18x 10W 4-in-1 RGBW LED PAR with AnyFi Universal Wireless DMX

I've been using blizzard hotboxes for the past five years or so without any problems at all. The dimming curve isn't perfect, but I've never had a non-lighting person notice anything weird, so it works for me. Definitely try to get a demo unit though and make sure it's output is what you need and the dimming curve is acceptable to your eye.

Blizzard's headquarters is down the road from me a bit, so I've run into them at various events and they have always been great to work with and talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back