Opinions on money best spent for fun lighting effects.

Regarding lighting, I frequently hear the request " Make it fun" or "Something disco-ee" or " I want this to be different" I have a few thousand dollars to spend and was wondering what others would choose. The more versatile the fixture the better. We have already experimented with Chauvet moving lights which turned out to be far too noisy for most of our events. I was considering a few American Dj inno pocket scans. Choosing small fixtures like this I could end up with a real variety. Ideas?

Do you have a hazer? If not that's where I would spend the money first. What's the rest of your inventory look like? Do you have any movers or gobo rotators or anything like that now? How big is your space? For example baby movers might work ok in a black box but might not even show up on a big stage with a bright stage wash.

I would look at the Rogue FX-B https://www.chauvetprofessional.com/products/rogue-r1-fx-b/

Lots of beams individual or group movement. For a party atmosphere, or dance floor its a great fixture. It gives a big look of having a bunch of sources, great for ACL effects. With smart placement and programming it can do a lot. Also just throwing it into a Pan/Tilt/Dim bally will do the job for a dance floor, without a lot of work.

For sure you will want Haze with these lights.

Do you have a hazer? If not that's where I would spend the money first. What's the rest of your inventory look like? Do you have any movers or gobo rotators or anything like that now? How big is your space? For example baby movers might work ok in a black box but might not even show up on a big stage with a bright stage wash.
Yes we have hazers. Our proscenium arch is 36' across and capacity is 322 to give you an idea of our size. No rotators or movers. Could post a few links? We are currently replacing our cyc. and have a good ultra short throw projector for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back