Opto Splitter

Good Morning Tyler

The only thing I found is a 1 page instruction sheet.
What issues are you having?
Is it just setup & use or is it not passing DMX?

Its real simple inside. A pair of fuses on each output. 75176 transceiver & 6N137 opto chips
Unless the PCB is burnt, everything else is pop out , plug in

Good Morning Tyler

The only thing I found is a 1 page instruction sheet.
What issues are you having?
Is it just setup & use or is it not passing DMX?

Its real simple inside. A pair of fuses on each output. 75176 transceiver & 6N137 opto chips
Unless the PCB is burnt, everything else is pop out , plug in

I haven't actually got my hands on the unit as its shipping from the US. just preparing incase it needs some repairs. I will check it out completely with my DMX tester and replace any chips needed.

Bumping an old thread, but it's appropriate. I've got a misbehaving response opto-splitter than I'm trying to troubleshoot. Most of my outputs are spitting out bad data. The first output (closest to the input) and the passthru output are working fine, but the other ones are causing flickering and flashing of anything plugged into them. I've tried with it attached both to an Ion and a Pocket dmx console with no change in results.

It does have an inspection sticker on the circuit board from 3-27-95, so perhaps it's just getting old and time to be replaced, but if I could repair it it would make the budget gods happy. Any idea what might be going wrong inside?

The input and each output have their own distinct power supply that is a half-wave rectified design. As such, the large electrolytic capacitor is a very important part of keeping the supply, and as a result the DMX outputs, from flickering.

As long as you are comfortable doing basic solder work, I suggest that you contact your friendly ETC Dealer and order 6 of part number C383-F.

This will take care of almost all flickering issues with ETC and LMI Response Optosplitters.

David

Yes, it is worth noting that aging electrolytic caps are the most common failure point in almost all electronics! As they age, they drop in value until they are pretty much an open circuit. Whenever you hear someone tell you about a problem that "showed up a while ago but has gotten worse with time", electrolytics are the first part that comes to mind. They also tend to be worse when a unit is cold. So if something was working fine one day, you turn it off and the next day when you turn it on it is flaky until it warms up, think Electrolytic capacitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back