OR TD Seeks Friendship From Like-Minds

JoDrRe

Hello!

I'm JoDrRe! I am the Technical Director for a community theatre in Oregon, USA.

I actually have no idea what the TD is supposed to do.

I showed up at the theatre almost 3 years ago because I wanted to intern for lights, and ended up designing and running a show. I was asked to stay for the next show, and the next one... And then earlier this year my title changed from "Light and sound guy" to "Technical Director." So I'm pretty much winging it.

This place is great! I get sent here during my mad Googles for information about something I don't know about.

I look forward to actually posting here, and not being a lurker any more!

Hey there are plenty of us Nort Westerners here. As a matter of fact a good college buddy of mine is opening a theatre pub in Bend right now. I know there is a lot of Art happening out there in Central Oregon so it's a gret place to be. As far as "What a TD does" Well, that really varies from theatre to theatre, region to region. A lot of TD are nothing more than a glorified Master Carpenter responsible for building the set. Some are more all inclusive, they over see the purchasing of materials and acquisition of personell for all the technical aspects of a production, and further still some are merely glorified paper pushers responsible for turning in reciepts on times and making sure lumber orderes get to the shop and that all HR crap is dealt with properly in the shop. Some are all of those things plus a few more.

Welcome aboard and please feel free to give me a yell, I'm just across the mountains.

I'm from Eugene, studying a little bit of everything, leaning towards Automation and Lighting.

I'm working in Las Vegas this summer, but once school gets going, you're welcome to come visit the UO Theater complex if you're ever in the neighborhood.

Now don't let those Oregon guys corrupt you too much. Up here in Washington is where the action's at.

...still looking for a job. :(

Welcome to CB. I was just staying in Sisters Oregon and visited Bend and did a few touristy things. You are blessed to live in a lovely place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back