Mixers/Consoles Order of channels on the mixer

Layers can slow things down, but if you organize what channels are on what layer, it can reduce layer switching a lot. Using DCAs can also speed things up. Sometimes I have DCAs with just one channel assigned, because the channel is something I want handy no matter which layer is on the faders.

Layers can slow things down, but if you organize what channels are on what layer, it can reduce layer switching a lot. Using DCAs can also speed things up. Sometimes I have DCAs with just one channel assigned, because the channel is something I want handy no matter which layer is on the faders.
I'd still argue it depends a lot on the board. My current house board is an M7, I can swap layers and get my fingers on a fader faster than reaching from the home position all the way up to channel 17, or 1 or even 48, and thats even with a fairly slow layer transition. The far left faders are a pretty long reach when you could just put flip through it all in the center.

Sometimes I have DCAs with just one channel assigned

I like using DCAs like that on boards where you can't relocate faders easily, like the X/M32 et al.

Usually find myself bussing the bass and track/loop channel on their own in addition to vocal, drum and guitar land.

I would also argue that it's easier to do config on a Behringer with the ipad app, vs. their encoders and non-touch display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back