Control/Dimming orion link bars and dmx

Recently bought a chauvet obey 40 dmx controller
No problems with my cans and laser but i have 2 lanta orion link straight led bars which i cannot get to work with the controller, has anyone any clues as to how to connect them/settings etc??

First, make sure the units are set to Mode 6- DMX operation. I would then recommend setting them to 3 channel operation to at least get started. For the hell of it, address them at 161 and 177 so they should appear on fixture pages 11 and 12 in Faders 1 through 3 of the Obey.

Again, like avkid, this is assuming the DMX cables are connected PROPERLY and are FUNCTIONING and that you have the units plugged in.

You should be able to get them to turn on by playing with faders 1 to 3 in fixture pages 11 and 12. If you can't, you have either:

1. a bad DMX cable or connection somewhere.

2. two LED units that don't operate on the same serial transmission speed/settings, which you can not change in your case. Don't see this too often, but I've had to put two cheap dimmer pack last in line as it wasn't a true pass through on their DMX out. It wasn't transmitting at the rate required by the other three dimmer packs (which weren't great ones, but much better than the cheap DJ ones) and was causing flickering.

If my first suggestions don't help, try moving them around in the line of things, specifically putting them first in the DMX line, if you haven't already. This should rule out interference from other fixtures/dimmers.

And let us know what happens.

First, make sure the units are set to Mode 6- DMX operation. I would then recommend setting them to 3 channel operation to at least get started. For the hell of it, address them at 161 and 177 so they should appear on fixture pages 11 and 12 in Faders 1 through 3 of the Obey.

Again, like avkid, this is assuming the DMX cables are connected PROPERLY and are FUNCTIONING and that you have the units plugged in.

You should be able to get them to turn on by playing with faders 1 to 3 in fixture pages 11 and 12. If you can't, you have either:

1. a bad DMX cable or connection somewhere.

2. two LED units that don't operate on the same serial transmission speed/settings, which you can not change in your case. Don't see this too often, but I've had to put two cheap dimmer pack last in line as it wasn't a true pass through on their DMX out. It wasn't transmitting at the rate required by the other three dimmer packs (which weren't great ones, but much better than the cheap DJ ones) and was causing flickering.

If my first suggestions don't help, try moving them around in the line of things, specifically putting them first in the DMX line, if you haven't already. This should rule out interference from other fixtures/dimmers.

And let us know what happens.

ok as youve assumed by now this is new to me, on the bars i can set them to three channel ie d-P1 no probs there but how do i address them at 166 and 177? these units belong to someone else in the band but im the one being left to sort it out!

According to the manual, which you should read, along with the Obey 40's, press the mode button until "d.001" or whatever the current address may be is displayed. Use the "up" and "down" buttons to set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back