OSP Mic Elements - to buy or not to buy, that is the question

jonliles

Fight Leukemia
Before you ask, yes I searched the forum with very limited hits. I know several people have stated they would never buy OSP Elements (I am thinking along the lines of the country man clone), but why? Has anyone had any real experience with them?

Bang for the buck, I am seriously considering these - I undertsand that if I get 2 years out of them, then I am doing good!

Thanks!
Jon

I have 12 of the earworn version I believe this is what you're talking about.

I haven't had problems with the quality or anything with them I had the HS-06 version kind of chincy construction quality, if they are going to be abused heavily. I upgraded to the HS-09 series which they did beef up the the headpiece itself I haven't had any problems with these as of yet.

I had them rented to a musical production where they got abused quite a bit and they ended up breaking 4 of them however they were using a handful of countryman mics and they also broke those. Mics are delicate no matter what way you slice or dice it

Anyway the HS-06 elements lasted me about a year and a half and you can't do much better price wise just consider them disposable.

If you do purchase them I would have to recommend the HS-09 they do seem of better quality and the come with a replacement wire lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back