Our first kilopost!

Well there it is 5,000 posts. And according to the thank you totals at least 155 of them were useful.

Let's do some math. 5,000 posts. Let's say the average post took 5 minutes to write (I bet my real average is closer to 10 minutes because I tend to do a lot of editing) But we'll go with 5 minutes average because the numbers are too depressing as it is.

5 x 5,000= 25,000 minutes divided by 60= 416 Hours and 40 minutes posting... I would hate to know how much time I've spent reading on top of that.

But wait... 416 divided by 24 means in the last 3 years since I joined I've spent 17 1/3 days posting. If you figure I read as much as I post and that it's likely I spend more than 5 minutes per post, I think it's safe to say I've spent at least 1 of the last 36 months on CB.

:doh: uhhh... I may have a problem that requires counseling.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Ship for Joining the 4,000 post club! Many of those are REALLY LONG posts too!! I miss the old word counter, it would be fun to know how may words he has typed here.

Is it still appropriate for my 1000th post to go in this thread?

I really didn't think I'd ever see 1000 next to my name. Boy have I learned a lot since my first post.

Is it still appropriate for my 1000th post to go in this thread?

I really didn't think I'd ever see 1000 next to my name. Boy have I learned a lot since my first post.

Glad you are learning, and welcome to the club!

Congratulations on [-]wasting a LOT of time here[/-] LEARNING so much here!

Wow, I didn't think I would be joining this club! 1000 posts in just over a year.

Thanks for all the new info you guys have given me, I appreciate it very much!

Congrats Lieper! You've been a great addition to the CB community.

Look everyone! Our little Victor has become a man! ;)

6,000 posts... some of them useful.

Let's say I spent 5 minutes per post on average. That's 500 hours=20.8 days of my life posting... and I spend even more time reading.

Then there's the 1670 PM's.

:doh: I have a patient wife.

Last edited:
6,000 posts... some of them useful.

Let's say I spent 5 minutes per post on average. That's 500 hours=20.8 days of my life posting... and I spend even more time reading.

Then there's the 1670 PM's.

:doh: I have a patient wife.

I thought there were offspring involved... do they know their father?:twisted:

I thought there were offspring involved... do they know their father?:twisted:
Strangely enough, one resembles the milkman and the other, the letter carrier. Personally, my money's on the dermatologist.;)

:shifty: I think they are tearing their bedroom apart at the moment... gotta go...

Made my 1000th post this evening. Although I am not up there in the ranks of Gaff, Derek, Van, and others, I still wonder if I need a new hobby. Or, perhaps I should spend less time posting at work? I am sure neither will happen. Glad to be part of the club.

~Dave

Congratulations!
I'm in much the same boat. 600 something post, a few useful, and about an hour a day, trawling through, learning heaps, not sleeping.
Sleep should come first I know, but it doesn't.....
Nick

Huzzah!!... and once again welcome back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back