Our first kilopost!

Mayhem

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Just a quick news flash to alert you all to the fact that Ship is the first person on CBDC to reach 1000 posts 8O

Well done Ship – you have been a great resource to all on this site.

I know that you are not going to like me posting this - but I don't care because I'm stuck on you and have this feeling down deep that just won't subside, because I'm on my way. :twisted:

Oh' Crap! This was not intended except early on to make that 40 posts request by Dave a few months back when he went away for a weekend and wanted to see that many and as a joke that got me past actor standing and almost caught me up with JoJo. Let's cheat and deduct about 500 or 1,000 posts from the count.

I don't think anyone should be ranked more or less than anyone else in posting. Lots of people have called me to bat on posting, even some mistakes on my part I have also learned from. Does not matter if amature student in the first prodution or like not even me in not having 20 or more years of professional experience in the field. An idea is an idea and art is art and tech is tech.

And PS, I (- nope that ain't it) Mayhem :!: For the news flash, I think I'm going to edit your post some.

P.S. what everyone else not realize is that in following the minor end comments about this post, we are editing each other's posts with lyrics from bad 1970s songs which are no doubt still top ten down under. :p

LOL - Edit away Ship.

Your Jedi powers are no match for mine - I can edit to you know :)

Ship said:
P.S. what everyone else not realize is that in following the minor end comments about this post, we are editing each other's posts with lyrics from bad 1970s songs which are no doubt still top ten down under.

LOL - yes, we just heard of a guy called Peter Frampton. Any good??

I agree with your statement on rankings Ship but I think it is worth noting that someone such as yourself has stuck around long enough to rack up 1K.

Were your posts as a newbie worth any less that those you posted last month, last week or even today?

Probably not. So - yes, you are correct but I still think it is something that requires a little note.

Hey congrats!! It's good for a n00b like me to know that there are people around this forum are dedicated to being here! Thanks for all the posts you have made, I am working my way through reading many of the old threads, learning lots of stuff as I go! Thanks!

congrats ship! i think we should double your # instead of erasing some becuase each of your posts is twice the size of anyone elses if not 5x the size :twisted:

We actually pay tribute to the length's of ship's posts by keeping track of each user's total words. Ship has WAYYY more than anyone else!

"Word Count: 648,635 total words posted
554.39 average words per post "
damn ship... your just a regular encyclopedia! over 550 words average in a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats Ship you are an insperation to all of us!! :!: :!: :!:

554.39 words per post? Holy crap! are we supposed to know that many words? I know: get off bus, work, break, work, lunch, work, nap, run show, work, get on bus, sleep. Do I need more?

There you go, repeat that enough and your average word count goes up. Remember it's an average thus this post brings it down given some really really long past posts.

Well done - and with an average of 17.5 words per post. Now that is efficient typing!

Congratulations dvsDave. You truly have worked wonders in setting up this site, as well as being an active member. Your input truly is appreciated.

I second that - well done Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back