Outdoor Projection

drankin

We have an Arts organization in town that projects movies on the north wall of their building at night. They are wanting to get a grant to upgrade to something that could project art clips and promotions during the day. Does anyone know if there are projectors powerful enough? It is a north wall so not in direct sunlight. The screen area is about 50x20’ and the projection distance is 44’.

Definitely not that big.
If it was something I wanted to do, I'd look into 3M vikuiti and do rear projected shapes or something.
I've only used it for retail windows so not exactly sure how well it works outside outside.

During the daytime? Even if it's not in direct sunlight your only real option is an LED wall ($$$).

For that size canvas even if you were doing it at nighttime you probably need 2 double-stacked 20k projectors to satisfy a movie night experience -- and that assumes the wall surface plays nicely with projection and you don't need brute force lumens to compensate for the wall surface. A single 20k or dual 10k's would be the absolute bare minimum at nighttime and even then I think that would be pushing it because there's surely ambient light in the area from other sources.

The sun and a bounce mirror?

I jest.

yeah, as Mike said you need an LED wall for outdoor daytime viewing.

One more agreement with Mike here.

What's with your new photo??
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
I resurrected a 3/4TB drive from a couple years ago and found some gems my wife shot while I was working; she swears I'm cute, so there we go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back