Ovation E-910FC lens support

adam2

We (a student group) are looking at getting some LED ellipsoidal fixtures to cover a range of uses.
I've found what I believe is a good price for some ex-demo Ovation E-910FCs (£820 including tax, which is about $1k), and am leaning towards those.
As I understand it, the fixtures are compatible with Source Four lens tubes, but does anyone know if they work with other lens barrels such as the zoom lenses, or particularly the (now discontinued) S4 Fresnel adapters?
From what I can tell the Fresnel adapters are probably incompatible due to having protruding guide elements which overlap with the safety bond attachment point on the Ovation fixture, but it would be great if someone with hands-on experience could confirm!

Hi Adam,
No, there is no Fresnel adaptor for the E910. Chauvet developed each fixture type separately, to optimize performance (ETC has started doing the same with the Source V).
In the Ovation FC family you have multiple sizes of Ellipsoidal-style fixtures, Fresnels, Pars, Cyc lights, Battens, and House Lights... all with consistent color mixing enigines.
In the Ovation Reve family you currently have Ellipsoidal-style, Fresnel and Par fixtures (so far).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back