Over-Lamping Dimmer Packs

I also have to consider is the subject post not serious, and just to excite the vigiliant safety minded among us. Joined and one post on same day. Certainly did get a rise out of a few.

I also have to consider is the subject post not serious, and just to excite the vigiliant safety minded among us. Joined and one post on same day. Certainly did get a rise out of a few.

As a guy who grew up salvaging parts from old CRT TV sets (color was good, more components!) and doing all manner of stuff that was stupid, dangerous or both... it kind of occurred to me that before I experienced a significant karmic payback perhaps I should try to publically discourage some of the more life-threatening of them. Kind of a, "it's not necessary for YOU to repeat MY mistakes..." sort of thing.

I've also seen enough Really Stoopid Shite® in arenas, theaters, and temporary public attractions that have injured and killed others that after the Indiana State Fair roof collapse/weather hit 7 years ago, I decided nobody should die or get injured for a good time. "The show must go on" is a business decision, not a creative decision or safety decision. Putting safety at the front of the line in event and facility planning makes a significant difference.

As a consultant you're in a position to advocate for architectural features that improve safety and worker friendliness and you seem to work hard to convince the planners and committees to put money in those areas. Thank you. Somebody has to remind them about work lights, cat walks, fall arrest systems, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back