Pactching

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yeah, Generally the same amount depends on what your going to do and how wide your stage is.... 10-15 meters you just need 2 clusters of the same colours... anything bigger it might be advisable to put a third cluster in the middle so you have

R/B/G OP -----OW--------- R/B/G C ---------- OW-----------R/B/G PS
or
R/B/G OP ---------------OW-------------------OW-------------R/B/G PS

if you can understand that :p

WOOOO Australian GPO sockets! FAR superior to 'edison' when it comes to inexpensive mains termination.

Ship, would you happen to know if there's a NEMA or other US standard pin format that matches the Australian GPO (General Power Outlet) pin format - slanted active and neutral, and vertical, extended ground pin. I've seen large high-current high-voltage plugs that look like larger versions of the Australian GPO but haven't seen one exactly like it. It's a 240V, usually 10A rated deal.

Heard my name. Oh' was I supposted to be watching this? Sorry I have not patched anything in at least 7 years so I would tend to leave advice in it up to those that know more than I do. After the first couple of pages, I realized it was in really good hands and stopped reading the half English, half Greek.

By the way, I don't know if it's just me being grumpy (by the way, I'm not that old and I did like rock angel's book drawing) but posted photos and avatars annoy me if not on equipment. Don't know what it is, perhaps just the black white and grey of the forum, or it's proportions, but for me artistically speaking, when I see a full color E-photo in a submission it sends my eyes into shock. Like what's this world coming to and why is my Cannon Rebel college graduation present now useless? Anyway, a note to Dave. If you are going to allow full size and full color photos, perhaps a change in the text/background would be in order to frame the picture better. Besides kids in plad skirts without an explenation of what's going on in the photo belongs in another section of the forum.

Still, it is neat to see photos posted in the forum, Kudos to the poster.

But back to the question I stumbled upon by accident as it were because I was not following this section.

Ah' after two read throughs on the plug I know what you talk about with the slanted prongs. How about a Nema 7-15R or 7-15P, which would be a 277v/15amp plug. Otherwise anything in the 7 series followed by the amperage up to 50 amp/277v. Perhaps I should bring home a extra Leviton and Hubble catalog for questions like this. Think I even have a fresh poster, perhaps I should frame it with white on black. There is also the 10 series which is 125/250v starting as far as I can tell at 20 amp and going to 30 amp. This is what the Backstage Handbook lists at least. Were I at work I would have a complete Nema chart much less slide rules for plug choosing to look at.

I'll have to look in the morning for anything 240v/10 amp. I doubt I'll find it because it's Euro Voltage not ours which does 250v/15 amp for it's norm on that type of power source.

Extended ground pin is the norm for all plugs, after that there might be plugs similar in shape and size but I doubt they will be compatable, mixing voltages/frequencies between types of plug is usually a bad idea thus the differences in dia. and layout.

Might be similar but the dia. would at least hopefully be different. Our hot and High leg for 120/240v combined on a delta system, or 240v legs on a 240/480 delta system would not be good to be mixing with your plugs and equipment on a 50hz 220/240v system. Or would it work on a leg from a 240/480 delta line? Just a question of where you are tapping the neutral from I guess. I dont' have much training or experience with the other types of power sources. Don't see them used much here. The factor might be in the frequency also, a higher frequency might or might not burn up your electronics. I have seen postings about frequency differences go both ways.

Dean said:

Ahhh - the Jands Roadpack Digital. I rescued one of these little nuggets from becoming landfill after it caught on fire and lost 1 phase. Some tender loving, 12 new fuse holders and a good service the little thing lives once again. And all for under $100 (parts) - about US$75

Just something to note. The transformers (there is one per phase) are prone to failure on these products and up until recently a replacement part was not available. So, as a result, may units were either thrown out or stuck into a back room somewhere or stripped for spares. An off the shelf transformer is now available (I cannot remember from where) which will fit onto the existing board with very little modification. So if you ever drop a phase, and it is the unit(easy way to check is to swap the transformer (obviously done by a qualified person)), don't let anyone tell you that the unit is stuffed. Unless of course, you want to use this as an excuse to upgrade your dimmer.

I am posting this for anyone who has one of these units - especially if it is a little sick!

Cheers,

Yeah I have known that problem with the old racks, we had a couple at school, they have just seemed to vanish! wouldnt mind a few extra racks now (we have an event 48+ with 3 racks) some shows im desperate to run wide but never have enough chans.

When i frist looked at it i thought it was a cct though :p

Whats this, we're talking about australian stuff on an american site... so hows everyones bio boxes? lol

cruiser said:
Whats this, we're talking about australian stuff on an american site... so hows everyones bio boxes? lol

And...

Dean said:
Were taking over ;)

Next they will be saying "G'day" and eating Vegemite!

Hey - wouldn't that make a great poll? "have you ever eaten Vegemite?" We would only need 4 response options:
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] No, but I have heard the Men at work song "Downunder"
[ ] What the . . .

Or even "How many times can you fit Texas into Western Australia??

Cheers,

ship said:
The factor might be in the frequency also, a higher frequency might or might not burn up your electronics. I have seen postings about frequency differences go both ways.

Australian supply is 50Hz. As for phasing etc it's been so long I can't remember... what I do remember is the Clipsal plug, 5 pins in a cross arrangement. Perhaps someone can fill in what the pin assigment there is.

Thanks for feeding my curiosity ;)

Yes, I eat Vegemite regularly; Cost Plus carries it for US$3 per small jar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back