Paint/ or procedures to freshen up Music stands

NickVon

I'm thinking about freshening up some of our Music Stands, this summer. Is there a recommended spray paint/enamel spray to do a nice new coat of black?

I'm sure the original Manassat stands are actually powdered coated but I can't feasibly do that.

Is there a Brand/type color/sheen of black spray paint that anyone might recommend.

Krylon K02776007 Fusion​

The key to paint is prep. Scuff them lightly with a scotchbright pad and clean/degrease thoroughly. I’d also use a rattle can gray primer on any areas of bare steel. Spring for the good spray paints from Krylon or Rustoleum.

Stands are ysually paint with any number of "crinkle coat" finishes, whether it's Powder coat or one of those super toxic Laquer based sprays. There are are some coatings, like Rustoleum's "HammerRite" finish that will wear similarly but matching is going to be next to impossible. Repaint the whole stand with Gloss black Hammerrite or if yours are already a flat finish I'd look at finding a DMT, scuff the whole surface and, again, paint the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back