Paint stencils

Sitbon

Thanks to all who applied to my other post. I haven't been here for a while so can't remember how I actually reply to the group.

Further to my other post, does anyone sell quality paint stencils that don't tear or fall apart after a couple of uses? I'm looking for a deco fan inspired motif for a navy and gold color scheme.

Alternatively, if I can find a pattern to copy I could trace it onto a thick cardboard or some other material. Suggestions welcome if you have found a reliable material.

Thanks

Andrew

You should check out local companies that do vinyl signs, SOME vinyl plotters can also cut stencil material.
While you are searching the internet, Google Art Deco Stencils. Lots of great images there for inspiration.
A google for DIY plastic stencils has lots of great hits too.

Reactions: Van
There have GOT to be sign places in Melbourne that would cut these stencils for you. Find a great pattern on Google or Bing ( I really Like Bing for Image searches, much better than Google IMHO). Vectorize it and size it in Photoshop, AI or even Inkscape. Export as a 2-bit TIF. Tell em it's for Theatre and a good sign company should make you a great deal. Get the stencil cut from Oil Board if possible. I've cut stencils from Vinyl and Acetate also.
If you don't have the editing skills or the programs I bet you could find someone that does, any pre-cutting work you can do will help drop the cost.

Hearing that sign companies often sell stencils, I'll suggest the company I used to make warning signs for the softball field I renovated for my Eagle Scout project last Summer.

I bought from Signs.com. Very nice interface, decent prices, and good quality control. Not to mention their wide variety of signs, vinyls, and banner types of products. I wasn't able to add a few cents to my order to hit the free shipping price, but they refunded the shipping a day or two after I had complained about the issue in a review.

Attachments

• P_20161204_115513_1_p.jpg
    P_20161204_115513_1_p.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back