Painting Curtains

Rainmaker

Not sure how many painters we have here on CB but I need directed to something online or some instructions from one of you wonderful people. I'm looking at painting "curtains" onto some flats and I'm not sure how to properly do it and the google machine has been useless so far. Thanks!

if memory is correct, my old copy of Burris-meyer and Cole's "Scenery for the Theatre" had a pretty thorough step by step with pictures for scene painting draperies. That would give you a more theatrical look, so choice of technique would depend on size of venue and distance from the audience

If memory is correct, my old copy of Burris-Meyer and Cole's Scenery for the Theatre had a pretty thorough step by step with pictures for scene painting draperies. ...
Your memory is correct, p 254. Both books should be in the library of anyone scenically oriented.

An excellent resource for this and other painting projects is, "Scene Painting Projects for Theatre." By Stephin Sherwin, published by Focal Press. Has step by step instruction in color of painting curtains and about 19 other projects. 255 pages

Users who are viewing this thread

Back