Palette VL experts!

zeebs

HI Guys

I'm relatively new to lighting tech having took on a role at a college last year, my background is music tech/audio so i'm learning as I go.

Anyway, straight to the point...

When I record a CUE using SUBS that contain MOVING lights, the cue does not play back the moving light, it appears to only playback the mover in a static position, albeit lamp on.

I've tried S4 (inc subs), i've tried UNDO UNDO etc,...I've tried a few things.

I can however program the movers directly into the CUE no problem, its just when I'm recording CUES using SUBS.

Hope this makes sense.

What version of software is your console at? If you go to the top of screen and select help and then About Palette it will tell you the version number. The latest version is 10.8.7. I ask because I just tested this with 10.8.7 on my Palette and it seems to be working.

Another thing to check is if you go into Hardware Setup and then go into the Console tab, there is a box labeled Record include subs. Is that box checked? Let me know what you find, thanks.

Hi

I'm running 10.8.6

The Record Inc Subs box was already ticked yes.

Just to be clear that i'm doing the right thing..

Assuming I have a sub with say, a Robe 250 on a ballyhoo preset, I bring up that Sub fader and the robe starts doing its thing. I then want to record that to a cue. With the Sub still up, I press REC>CUE>1 ...Enter

I then bring the Sub fader down, ( I release playback too) ...then I play back that Cue and the Robe doesn't do the ballyhoo.

Another thing I noticed recently....when i choose a colour for the robe and save that to a sub, when I then bring up the fader the robe seems to always want to scroll through the colour wheel as i'm slowly bringing the fader up, until i get to full then it settles on the colour i saved.

Thanks for helping man, didnt expect to get the actual Strand guy ;)

From looking into this you are able to record effects to submasters and then use the submaster to play back the effect. Now if you bring up the submaster with the effect and then you want to record it to a cue, that will not work. I am being told that the software was not intended to do that. Something you can try is to load the submaster and then record the cue. I have listed below how to do this. Let me know if you need anything else, thanks

1.Press Look button
2.Type in the Number of the Look
3.Press @ button
4. Then type in the intensity value you want the look to be at.
That should select the submaster and now you should be able to record that submaster with the effect to a cue.

To change the way the color works, If you right click on the look in the virtural submaster display you will get the look property box. In this box you will be able to change the behavior of the attributes. On color, change to 'snap off zero'. I usually leave all attributes except intensity at 'snap off zero' and intensity to 'manual'. This setting should change the color as soon as the fader comes off zero to the recorded color and fade up the intensity as the fader is mover to 100. You can also press 'View' , 'S12', select the look #, then OK and the property box will come up.

Thanks for the help guys, i went to to turn on the desk yesterday to try out your suggestions and something has happened that i've not seen before. >>FACTORY<< is flashing on the screen and I now cant control the movers. Under "file" it says Demo mode ticked. Cant find ANY info online about this?! I think a student may have been on it and changed something. I've tried re-loading our preset saved states, and rebooting also. No Joy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back