Pan and Tilt Trim

LDSFX

Does anyone know of an intelligent light out there that as a built in pan and tilt trim? I realize that I can program that as a function of the light board, but I am looking at putting some moving lights in an AP that has spacial limitations, and most moving lights go through a boot-up cycle in which they spin every which way. Does anyone know of a light that does not do this? I know that Martins and VLs do.

-Nick

not to my knowledge... high ends do it too.... they all need to do it because it "0's" the light so it can then accept a control signal as well as make sure everything is working.... i would call one of the companys and ask them what they would sudgest.... there are fixtures out there that take up the same amount of room no matter what you are doing with it.... so you might want to look into that....

High Ends do it too, at least Studio 575 Series does and xSpots do. How about turning them on early, closing the shutter, turning the lamp off, then turning the lamp on a few minutes early with the shutter closed? I think the one can strike the lamp without re-honing the fixture.
The moving mirror idea sounds good too.

Every moving light moves during start-up. Even color mixers. The only difference is that a color mixer is only moving inside, where the color flags are going to the end and re-setting. I have never seen a dmx-able light that does not do this in some form.

All the moving mirrors that I have ever used also set their X and Y axis when you start them up. No different to a moving yoke in that regard.

The issue isnt seeing the light shining inside of the AP, its the fact that during a boot-up, the light could physically swing around and knock itself into the tight structure of the building multiple times.

After some research, I have found that AutoYokes have a built-in trim, maybe these with a 5 or 10 Degree lens would work.

Mayhem said:
All the moving mirrors that I have ever used also set their X and Y axis when you start them up. No different to a moving yoke in that regard.

But the mirror is for lack of a better word 'encased' in the fixture meaning that even at the extremes of pan and tilt it will not take more space than 128/128 pan tilt.

soundman said:
But the mirror is for lack of a better word 'encased' in the fixture meaning that even at the extremes of pan and tilt it will not take more space than 128/128 pan tilt.

You are correct. However, I misread the original post and thought that the question was in relation to stage/performance space and that he didn't want light spill outside of this area. I thought he was using a programmed show in a smaller space that usual.

It was late and I didn't pick up on the connection between that and the mirror suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back