Panel Mounts

itie

One of my wall plates got bent pretty bad and the connector was broken off. It was xlr. I am going to order a new one but I wanted to add some more ports and an aux send. I ran the wires already and was wondering if panel jacks match up to certain wall plates. I was looking at this for the aux send. the reason is that it has a lock on it. I'm also replacing another broken aux in a different panel but its in a Mystery Electronics box. After seeing this I'm thinking that I need to match connectors up with wall plate brands. Any help would be great!

and on a side note can i splice from other stage ports.

thank you
Giovanni Laucella

As far as I know, [-]it doesn't matter what is what, as long as the sizes are the same so it fits.[/-]

Actually, let me rephrase that, I don't think that the panel jack has to match the box, I think as long as everything fits, it will work. The only thing that might be a problem, would be the first (cheaper) send to not fitting correctly on the backend.

Last edited:
I've never had an issue mixing and matching brands...I always have a few random wall-plate bits in my kit in case I need to make quick changes to things and have really never thought to check brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back