We use PAR 56s for house light, cheap ADJ brand, and they are giving me many fits. I've been replacing the sockets as needed, as the insulation flakes off rapidly. But now I'm seeing several that have absolutely destroyed ground wires - insulation burnt off, tarnished green copper, frayed and broken strands. The ground wire has a round lug on the end, held to the can by a bolt and nut. The bolt and nut are locked together so tightly that I can't unscrew it. I don't have this issue with the 2 spare cans that were never installed in the ceiling. I end up just ripping the bolt out of the flimsy aluminum can. I'll post pictures tomorrow, as I'm going to rewire a couple more. I have two questions. Firstly, what in the heck is making the ground wire corrode like that? I understand the insulation flaking off - they're cheap cans, and I'm accustomed to their short lifespan. But I just don't understand the copper wiring being in such awful condition. Secondly, I want to make sure I replace the ground wires correctly. I salvaged some high-temp wiring from a half dozen 360Qs I rewired a few months ago. Tonight I bought an assortment of ring terminals - I think the wiring is 16 AWG, but my bases are covered if I'm wrong. And I bought 6-32 x 1/2 zinc coated screws and nuts. Does this seem appropriate? The sockets are Sylvania 36" whip, sheathed in Production Advantage's Flex-Guard FPE sleeve.