PAR64 LED Retrofit

microstar

Found this yesterday:
http://www.onsiteled.com/
Appears to be $459 retail.
Anyone know anything about the company?
3840114dbc5258707b553c539ddd00dc.jpeg

One of the uses they showed was as replacements in a large orchestra shell. Paging @BillConnerFASTC have you seen these yet? One gotcha I noticed, they compare it to a 1K PAR but talk of output equal to a 500 Watt par.

PAR64s are used in a lot of fixed lighting like house lights, big atria, and displays, though a PAR56 was more common in my house light work. Before the S4PAR, a PAR56 was my basic house light.

If possible, it would still be better to switch to a new fixture and string data to it.

Not to put too negative a spin on this idea but is there actually a market for extending the life of a $20 fixture by replacing the lamp with a $459 variable-white LED voltage-dimmable drop-in replacement? For that price you can purchase a new purpose-built LED fixture.

I agree, but assuming mounting positions are hard to reach for running DMX around and there is already a dimming system in place, the line-voltage dimmable part has appeal. Also the fan will not be running when the fixture is dimmed down, so no relay needed for the AC feed.
Certainly less than the price of an Altman Pegasus fresnel, which can operate via DMX or dimmable AC. Just another tool to have available. The "photometrics" are a little suspect, as mentioned by JohnD.

Retro-fits are always a hassle due to dealing with the existing fixture - especially for architectural lighting (under which I would classify most band shell lights). One item to note is that not all "dimmable LEDs" are the same and not all dimmer packs deal with "dimmable LEDs" well. We had to add some fixed load resistors to our dimmer system to allow it to dim some retrofit PAR38 lights, and they still don't all dim smoothly at low levels (they dim to about 5% and then start dropping at at different levels below that). Although this may not be a problem in many areas, it may warrant a change to the dimmer pack (resistor installation) and in the way that the system operates (no use at low dimmer levels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back